For immediate release: Nov. 15, 2022
PORTLAND, Ore. – The Portland chapter of Women in Sports and Events (WISE) today announced its complete board of directors membership for the upcoming year.
Kelsey Hough, who is a Sports Marketing Manager at adidas, has been named board president for WISE Portland. A graduate of the University of Oregon’s Charles H. Lundquist College of Business, Hough began her professional career in partnership activation for Portland Thorns FC and the Portland Timbers, joining adidas in her current role in 2017.
“I have been involved with WISE as far back as 2015 when I wrote my MBA capstone on a feasibility study and business plan to bring a chapter of WISE to Portland,” Hough said. “Now, seven years later, and after serving as the events committee chair since our founding, I have the honor and privilege to lead our chapter with the goal to grow WISE Portland into the largest chapter in the country.”
WISE is the leading voice and resource for women in the business of sports. Its mission is to empower women in the business with the tools to reach their career goals. Through peer support, mentoring programs, and professional development and training, the organization strives to help members maximize their potential, sharpen their skills and advance their careers at every stage of their professional journey.
“Given the current climate in sports across the country and the world, WISE is not only important, but a necessary catalyst to enact change in our industry,” Hough said. “As president of WISE Portland, I hope to play a small role in changing the future of our industry and provide a valuable resource for women navigating their careers at all stages.”
Founded in 2019 with the support of six founding partners and several leading women in the region’s sports and events industry, WISE Portland features a board membership composed of eight members, in addition to Hough:
- Jen Anderson, the Vice President for people and culture with the Hillsboro Hops, serves as the board secretary.
- Erica Clausen, a litigation attorney for Miller Nash, is the board’s membership committee liaison.
- Sara Lockwood-Morales, the Vice President for partnership marketing for the Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC, serves as the sponsorship committee liaison.
- Julia Mayfield, Sports Tourism Services Manager at Sport Oregon, is the events committee liaison on the Portland WISE board.
- Jessica Coppolino, Assistant Athletic Director and Chief of Staff for Oregon State University Athletics, is a board member at large.
- Erica Menze, an attorney with Alterman Law Group PC, is a board member at large.
- Jamie McCool, a National Account Manager for Travel Portland, is a board member at large.
WISE Portland also formed a new advisory board designed to create additional opportunities for members to play a more active role in the chapter by lending their leadership skills in support of the board of directors.
The organization will be hosting a WISE PDX Fall Networking and Recruiting Event on Tuesday, Nov. 15. The event is free to the public, open to both WISE members and non-members. It will take place at Providence Park from 5-8 p.m., and offers guests the opportunity to learn more about the organization, its volunteer opportunities, and a chance to meet the new board members and have photos taken with the Portland Thorns FC Championship trophy in-person.
Those interested in attending the WISE PDX Fall Networking and Recruiting Event can register online prior to Nov. 15.